Aperitivo “a roof with a view”
From July 1 to September 30 2010, enjoy an Italian-style happy hour, or aperitivo, while admiring a marvellous view over the city of Florence. This event is called “Terrazza con Vista” or “A Roof with a View“.
Last night I was at one on the terrace of the Hotel Baglioni, which is one of 13 locations listed below. Food was very posh.
So, if you like checking out great hotel locations without necessarily staying in these four-star accomodations, this is a way to do it (better than sneaking in to use the bathroom). On the other hand, if you’re inclined to stay at Hotel Baglioni or a luxury hotel out near Piazzale Michelangelo, you may find the coupons on expedia.co.uk to be useful.
Attending these events is also nice idea if you’re traveling on a budget (you can down as many canapés as possible right at the start, so get there early) and an opportunity to see the city from another angle (i.e. from above!). The aperitivo buffet is always included in the price of the drink, making it quite affordable (I think it will vary slightly between locations). Starting times vary; some locations provide live music, also after dinner drinks.
The locations are:
- ANTICA TORRE DI VIA TORNABUONI 1
- GRAND HOTEL CAVOUR
- GRAND HOTEL MINERVA
- HOTEL BOSCOLO ASTORIA
- HOTEL KRAFT
- HOTEL LAURUS AL DUOMO (Via Cerretani 54r)
- HOTEL SILLA (Via de’ Renai 5)
- HOTEL TORNABUONI BEACCI
- J.K. PLACE FIRENZE (Piazza Santa Maria Novella 7)
- PITTI PALACE AL PONTE VECCHIO (Borgo San Jacopo 3)
- RELAIS CHATEAUX VILLA LA VEDETTA (Viale Michelangiolo, 78 – this one lists “swimming pool”, but who knows if one could USE it?!)
- TERRAZZA STENDHAL c/o GARAGE EUROPA (Borgognissanti 96)
These are some photos of the view at sunset.
For info: Firenze Turismo websiteaperitivo, coupon, happy hour, hotel, rooftop