ArtTrav was shortlisted as one of the best Art & Culture blogs by Italy Magazine 2013 and won Best Art and Culture Blog from Italy Magazine in 2014 and 2016.
Alexandra Korey was chosen by FlipKey by Tripadvisor as a destination expert for Tuscany – see profile here – and was chosen by Expedia to write the only article in the category of “travelers who prefer art experiences” on their game “Things to do“.
ArtTrav’s author Alexandra Korey is currently a regular contributor to The Florentine, Dievole blog & has contributed to the 2011 edition of The Eyewitness Guide to Florence. She works in marketing as Head of Digital at Flod.
Alexandra Korey contributions to major press
Summmer 2019 – interview on Austrian Airlines Skylines Magazine “Insider Guide” series about Florence, citing restaurants, hotels and museums.
Summer 2018 – Contributed 4-page spread (and cover article) “Photographers’ Paradise” to Kronplatz (Sud Tirol) official DMO magazine (published in Italian, English and German and distributed in 30k copies)
Fall 2016 – Contributed to Travel + Leisure with the area guide for the Cinque Terre (hotels, transportation etc) and the news artlce about “How Cinque Terre Plans to Handle Being on Every Traveler’s Bucket List” with interviews to the mayor and the president of the park commission as well as local wineries and businesses.
ArtTrav mentioned in the press
- Feb 2019 I-Italy interview “Can you still be in love with Italy after 20 years“
- 2018 interview on Mindful Mavericks Magazine
- Spring 2018 a fun interview by Ray Fitzgerald.
- Jan 2018 interview on Passion Passport
- Fall 2017 cited in MarieClaire Italia.
- August 2016: CBC News cites my thoughts on bra sizing in Italy in “Bra Fitting Boutique in Rome goes way beyond standard sizes“
- 2016: Travel + Leisure interviewed and cited me in the Museum Hack: A Game Plan for Visiting Florence’s Uffizi Gallery
- April 2015: CultureTrip listed @arttrav as one of “12 Italian instagrammers you should follow right now“
- June 2014: Interviewed by Michael Peter Edson (head of web strategy at the Smithsonian museum) for his academic essay “Dark Matter / The dark matter of the Internet is open, social, peer-to-peer and read/write—and it’s the future of museums”
- January 2014: GoNews on the Pontormo in Empoli critique
- Article in GoNews about my critique of the Pontormo show in Empoli (published here)
- With subsequent response on GoNews by Florentine museum director Antonio Natali to my critique
- Article on Cantiere Creativo in support of my critique, using it to kick off reflections about museum communication
- article by Italian blogger Caterina Chimenti in agreement with my analysis and with constructive suggestions for improvement.
- April 26 2012: Corriere dell’Umbria on TBU Umbria: Mentioned as “Alexandra Korey, one of the most followed American bloggers” (cit!) in the context of a wrap-up of TBU Umbria attendees.
- Sept 2005, New York Times, “Prints that helped Europe discover its great artists” (review of catalogue to which I contributed, with citation) & subsequent reflection by William Patry Copyright Blog
- Feb 2014 podcast interview with BeforeTravelling (advice site for travel bloggers)
- December 2013 interview about my Uffizi app on Browsing Italy
- October 2013 interview on Amplr contenuti di qualità
- October 2013 interview “locals I love” by Georgette Jupe
- 2012 travel link sites interview
- 2010 Eye on Italy podcast episode 20
- 2010 “Art Wednesday” on The Museum Resource Network
- 2009 Life art and travel in Italy on Wandering Educators
- 2009 video interview on Europe alla Carte
Select mentions on blogs
- Jan 2015: Top 8 Tuscany-based bloggers by Flipkey
- May 2014: 10 Florence instagram users to follow by Florence for Free
- A dozen top italy blogs by Tuscan Traveler
- January 2014: This is my Happiness Listed in 10 travel blogs to watch in 2014
- 2013 Osteria di Giovanni list of Florence bloggers
- January 2012: EasyJet’s Top 12 Travel Blogs to Watch in 2012